Sausage Casserole for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner

Did you know that grilling is the most popular cooking method used for sausage? The next bests are frying and baking which is why I had to share this recipe.


One: I love sausage (biscuits with sausage gravy is my kryptonite)
and
Two: the combination of flavors in the ingredients of this recipe are sure to satisfy!
Enjoy or should I say Bon Appetit!


Delicious Sausage Recipe

Sausage Casserole

Ingredients:
1 lb sage flavored sausage
3 cups shredded potatoes, drained
1/2 cup melted butter
12 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded onion
16 oz. cottage cheese
6 large eggs

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 375. 
  2. Lightly grease 9x13 casserole dish. 
  3. Place the sausage in deep skillet, Cook over medium heat until evenly browned. Drain, crumble and set aside for later.
  4. In baking dish, stir together the potatoes and butter. Line the bottom and sides of the pan with the potato mixture. In a bowl, mix the sausage, cheese, onion, cottage cheese and eggs. Pour over the potato mixture. 
  5. Bake 1 hour in preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 
  6. Let cool 5 minutes before serving. 



As your full service REALTOR® specializing in the beautiful city of San Diego, California, it is my personal goal to provide you with exceptional service. Here is where you will find articles on my personal experiences and Real Estate resources. My local expertise backed by one of the few organizations entrusted to use the world-renowned Berkshire Hathaway name, brings to the Real Estate market a definitive mark of stability, strength, quality and innovation.
I “LOVE” my career! Hire me to help you navigate through the home buying or home selling process.
CONTACT USFollow Us on Twitter Follow Us on Pinterest Like Us on Facebook