Fine Dining in La Jolla

A pleasurable visit to the new James' Place in La Jolla in March, perfectly paired with the La Jolla Playhouse Gala 2015 people watching fun!

What a great experience, we will be back for another delicious meal and relaxation...hopefully sooner than later.


Located on UCSD's campus directly across from the La Jolla Playhouse, James' Place is a specialty Asian Fusion, Steak & Sushi Restaurant.

I don't eat sushi...so I love when we find restaurants that have both sushi and delectable items for the Mrs. who doesn't eat fish. {UGH - I know, I've been told all of my life how much I'm missing out!!}




The interior design is funky and fresh with green crush velvet chair backs and glitter seats.  Iconic pendant lights give a twist of modern style and eye candy.




Most impressed by the little things (making sure my wine glass was sparkling clean) the service was great. The staff was friendly and didn't even flinch at the iPhone lens that followed their every move while preparing sushi dishes. (See Cool Video below)



We ordered from the Happy Hour menu, with several different options from a California Roll to a Footlong TJ Hot Dog roll. Asian Chicken Wings, Kobe Beef Sliders and Chicken Yakitori Skewers all tempted my taste buds.

I settled with tasting the Japanese Gyoza and Sliders with freshly seasoned Parmesan french fries.

Marc loves sushi and went with the Jalapeno Popper & 808 Rolls. Can't have sushi without wine, beer and Saki...all of which were priced fair for Happy Hour.

I love the chic ambiance of the restaurant, the bar top changed colors and really sets the mood for a fun, laid back meal.




See what other's are saying:

"The Mastery of Sushi Creation" "Hidden Gem in UCSD" "Atmosphere was Elegant and Beautiful" "Sea bass was Excellently Cut and Cooked" "They take Triton cash for students, Great Entertainment that Fits the Space"


I encourage you my friends if you are looking for something good to eat near the beaches of La Jolla and UCSD to stop in and give James' Place a taste.

Check out James' Place On-Line

Looking for Real Estate in town this weekend?!? We are hosting a lovely single family residence around the corner from James' Place, come say hello and let us help you buy your next dream home.

SNEAK PEEK HERE



As your full service REALTOR® specializing in the beautiful city of San Diego, California, it is my personal goal to provide you with exceptional service. Here is where you will find articles on my personal experiences and Real Estate resources. My local expertise backed by one of the few organizations entrusted to use the world-renowned Berkshire Hathaway name, brings to the Real Estate market a definitive mark of stability, strength, quality and innovation.
I “LOVE” my career! Hire me to help you navigate through the home buying or home selling process.
CONTACT USFollow Us on Twitter Follow Us on Pinterest Like Us on Facebook