If you like your barbecue sauce a tad sweet with a spicy kick on the back end then you'll love my recipe. I got in a bad habit of using store bought bbq sauce all the time but lately I've decided the best way to go is to create my own!

The benefit is being able to adjust the flavors exactly how you want it. In this case if you like your sauce sweeter, add more brown sugar less ketchup. If you prefer a more savory sauce then reverse the process by adding more ketchup and less brown sugar. Needless to say if you want it super spicy then go ham with sriracha!!

If you were at my last #popuponpromontory then you experienced it on my brisket. If not, then follow me on Instagram/Facebook @thelunchguru for details on my next pop up where you can get a taste.  Otherwise here's the recipe below-enjoy! Let me know what you think..? (recipe will fill a large jar)

Marc's BBQ Sauce:
1.5 cups brown sugar
1.5 cups ketchup
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup water
2.5 tablespoon dry mustard
2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons salt 
1.5 teaspoon pepper
2 dashes of sriracha